Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Well the time has come for me to finally put some things on the
wall. I AM TERRIBLE WITH DECORATING!! Honestly everything that has been done so far has been Tara doing it. So with the upcoming Super Bowl Party at my house, I figured I better get something on the wall. I keep warning people that nothing is up, so maybe they won't expect much. Here are  some pics of the massive shelf in the Breakfast Nook. Tara did this for me awhile ago, and pretty much this has been it.

I'm buying some paint tomorrow and totally gonna redo my dresser. Here are some before shots of the dresser and armorie. Hopefully it will turn out like the vision in my head, or possibly better. (more to come later)
This is quiet possibly the most hideous dresser and armorie ever in the history of hideous.














I will be trying out this new paint that I saw when we were in Waco in December its calledOnline Catalogue Chalk Paint.
There is only one store in Lubbock where you can buy it and I found a store in Canyon (The Rustic Gypsy) so not everyone is carrying this paint. Of course its sold in other places across Texas but nothing else local other than these two stores. Kinda fired up to to to the store in Lubbock its called The Unique Rabbit and its a used furniture store. Looking for some end tables and coffee table and possibly a bedside table. So hopefully I will find something interesting and I'm super pumped to use this paint. I will post how easy it is to use, supposedly there is no sanding involved, hope this is true.

2 comments:

  1. What color of Annie Sloan are you using?? I used the turquoise on the dresser that I refinished. I love it!!! Cant wait to see the after pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey I bought Graphite, Old White, and Florence. I'm a little nervous, so I painted a frame to see how it would look. I painted it the Florence, I haven't had time to do the wax coat yet but it looks good. That being said I can't make up my mine which color to do the dresser in. I'm either gonna do it in the Graphite or the Old White. I'm painting the Armorie the Florence color.

    ReplyDelete